Monday 29 August 2011

Machiavelli Said .....


Niccolo Machiavelli ( 1469 - 1527 ) a famous Italian Historian once ask a question : " Which is better for a King ? To be loved or to be feared ? "

Somehow I feel bossess these days should ask the same question to themselves. It is still a valid question to search an answer to. I happen to know 2 types of bossess, one who happen to 'wanna be loved by ALL' and another who 'wanna be feared by ALL'. As I am attentively reading the history of one most notorious monarchy of England, The Tudors, I can't help but relate one of those bossess to Kind Henry VIII and the other happens to have a similarity to Cardinal Wolsey who was King Henry's chancellor.

I have then made a decision to move on with my life and stay far far away from these 2 bossess. It was indeed a nightmare. Especially when you come close to someone who reminds you of Cardinal Wolsey ! ( Someone who wants power, manipulative, sneaky and cunning <-- to name some of his/her traits ) or shall I say 'skills' instead.

I don't think I have actually stumble upon a boss quite like this one ( in my 11 years of working experience ). And though people say ' do not burn the bridge ' when you move on, I set the bridge on fire and hope it burns to ashes !

I'll tell you why in my next posts.....


2 comments:

  1. lol! u met a boss like henry VIII? r u kidding me? so who were killed in the process?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the Henry VIII did close all monastery that go against him and will kill all who does not agree with him ... this man indeed kill those who is not in his good books - metaphorically speaking !! Am serious Put.... It's call the metaphoric killing.

    ReplyDelete